Aims and Values of Greenvale Primary
At Greenvale we are committed to striving excellence in all that we do.
- To value each individual with appreciation of their race, religion, culture, gender and physical ability.
- To ensure equal opportunities for every child to access a broad and balanced curriculum within a stimulating, challenging environment, fostering the highest possible standards of academic achievement.
- To develop children as lifelong independent learners, who are self-motivated, self-disciplined and willing to experiment within their learning.
- To encourage each child to participate fully and actively in all areas of school life, including extra curricular activities.
- To promote high standards of behaviour, respect and courtesy towards each other.
- To build strong partnerships between home, school and the wider community.
Greenvale is a values-led school. We use these to guide our pupils in both their behaviour and their learning. They allow pupils to develop lifelong skills and build effective relationships with those around them. These values are:
- Respect and Honesty
- Sharing and Co-operation
- Determination and Inspiration.
In line with guidance from the Department for Education, Greenvale actively promotes British values in school to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain.
British values relates to the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. These are promoted through PSHE lessons and supported in assemblies and pupil parliament discussions.